Sunday, March 2, 2014

Macaroni and Cheese from Langermann's on Light



First off, before I forget, I want to give Langermann's on Light (on Light Street in Baltimore, in case you were wondering about the weird name) props for making their regular menu available in addition to their fixed-price Restaurant Week selection. Because there's no pleasure in being forced to pay more for food that you enjoy less, which is usually the case with a fixed menu.

Unsurprisingly, I did not select the Restaurant Week menu, but went instead for every vegetarian's meat-and-potatoes: the platter of side dishes. More props to Langermann's (can I just call them LOL?) for providing this option at a discount over the a la carte prices!

I ordered asparagus, cabbage, and – of course – macaroni and cheese.

The macaroni was nothing to jump up on the table and scream with joy about – which is probably a good thing – but it was nothing to complain about either. It had enough salt and enough cheese, and it was not overcooked. It was probably not worth paying as much as I did for it, but when I was finished, I felt quite satisfied.

All in all, I rate it two Happy Noodles: One for the macaroni itself, and one for the restaurant being such a pleasant surprise for a picky vegetarian.
1 happy noodle1 happy noodle

4 comments:

Chris said...

Yum! I had to read your slice - we had "experimental" baked mac and cheese for dinner. I would only rate it one noodle. Next time I'll use sharper cheese. :)

Bree said...

I love mac and cheese. Too bad this wasn't as good as you'd like. If you are ever in Chicago or around a Sweet Baby Ray's restaurant, try their mac n cheese. Yummy.

bonnie K. said...

That looks amazing. Good thing I don't live in Baltimore, I'd be in my car right this minute and I can't miss any of the Oscars, just about to start!

Jackie said...

I love your reviews...especially macaroni smiles.