Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ben & Jerry's cookies revisited

A little bit ago, I stopped by a Ben & Jerry's shop to get three scoops of ice cream for three dollars. While I was there, I simply had to indulge in one of the cookies that were displayed so temptingly by the register.

As you recall, I reviewed Ben & Jerry's cookies back in April, and found them wonderful in almost every way. This time, however, I met quite a disappointment.

I chose the white chocolate macadamia nut cookie again, and my first bite failed the crumble test in a big, messy way. The cookie was so crunchy I could barely get my teeth through it. Since my first experience with Ben & Jerry's cookies was so good, I have to assume this is an unfortunate case of overcooking, but at the very least, it tells me Ben & Jerry's quality control is questionable.

I must therefore revise my rating to:
Taste: 3 stars
Texture: 1 star

As an aside, in my last Ben & Jerry's post, I claimed that there was another brand name mentioned on the cookie display. But on my last two visits to Ben & Jerry's, I have seen no such thing. I'm afraid Ben & Jerry are going to have to take full responsibility for this travesty.

0 comments: