Monday, April 6, 2015

Sassy ginger molasses sandwich cookie


Sassy indeed.

This ginger cookie was one of the sandwich cookies I bought when I discovered the new brand at my local organic grocery store, and like its chocolate sibling, the force was strong with this one. And by "the force," I mean the taste of ginger.

If you've ever eaten a mouthful of powdered ginger before, well, that's kind of how it felt eating this cookie. Not very sweet, but very strong. And even a little salty. At least it was not too spicy in the painful way. After a few bites, I got used to the flavor, especially because the lemon filling was delicious. Although it didn't taste much like lemon, it was still the high point of this cookie, being rich, creamy, and satisfyingly solid around the edges.

The texture of the treat as a whole, however, was another story. It was annoyingly crumbly, falling apart all over its package before I even opened it. The softness of the filling filling kind of made up for the excessive dryness of the baked part—if only this cookie had been all filling, I would have loved it! But it was not. It was too messy to eat in the normal way; after a few bites, I put it on a plate and finished it with a fork. That, however, made even the icing crumble! Perhaps I'll give it another chance later, since I ate it 2 days after its sell-by date.

The Bottom Line

Taste:3 out of 5 stars
Texture:2 out of 5 stars
Price:3 out of 5 stars

0 comments: