Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Macaroni from UBQ and Tommy Joe's

There comes a time in every MacaroniQuester's career when she eats a macaroni so boring that she wishes she didn't have to review it.

This happened to me twice in the past few weeks, at two separate establishments. Both times, the macaroni was so bland (not bad, but not spectacular either), that I had to spice it up with other ingredients.

Tommy Joe's

 

At Tommy Joe's restaurant, our latest trivia venue, I added mustard to the boring macaroni to give it a little extra kick. This is actually one of my favorite ways to eat macaroni and cheese when I want a little more out of it.

Urban Bar-b-que


Do you notice that the two macaronis even look the same?
At Urban Barbecue, I had my macaroni with a salad, and the salad came with an abundance of cheese on top. So I sprinkled the macaroni with salad cheese and thus had an extra-cheesy lunch.

Rating

Without these modifications, each macaroni would have been awarded but one happy noodle. For not being terrible.

1 happy noodle

The Mood Noodle rating system is not based on a fixed scale, but is a much more subjective system based on what makes me happy and what makes me sad.
Any number of happy noodles and comparatively few sad noodles constitute a good rating.

0 comments: