Sunday, June 17, 2012

Carol's Cookies: Chocolate Chip

Every cookie company has a chocolate chip cookie, and for this review, I'm reviewing Carol's Cookies. You may recall I reviewed her Toffee Crunch a while back, and while I found it (not surprisingly) crunchy beyond my tastes, I gave it mad props for its price.

The chocolate chip cookie in this line is equally cheap (and I happened to buy it on sale for a deal that makes the original 5 star rating look puny) and just as flavorful.

In fact, the buttery flavor was even stronger in this cookie than in the toffee crunch. It was so buttery that I (who prefer the taste of margarine over butter) kind of wished it were taken down a notch.

Texture-wise, these seemed even crunchier than their toffee-crunch counterparts. Or at least, on my first crumble test, a significant chunk of the cookie did fly across the room. They did, however, have a gritty sugary texture that I associate with raw dough, and thus find quite pleasing.

On the whole, while some aspects of this cookie were better than the toffee crunch variety, others were worse, and I feel that, with chocolate chip cookies abounding as they do, I'm certain I can get a better one elsewhere.

The Bottom Line:
Taste: 4 stars
Texture: 3 stars
Price: 5 stars

0 comments: