Monday, March 2, 2015

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie from Pete's Apizza


Woe to the Giant Cookie lover who happens to be standing at the register too long at Pete's New Haven Style Apizza. She will surely get sucked into buying a dessert.

In this case, I was waiting for my boyfriend to change his order after his first choice was unavailable, and I was tempted by the unusual concept of a flourless cookie.

This particular flourless cookie was 80 grams and cost 2 dollars. That made it 2.5¢ a gram, which is high for a Giant Cookie, but par for the course when it comes to gluten-free baked goods. And I'm pretty sure being flourless makes this one gluten free.

It was nice and soft to eat, and being a peanut butter cookie, it was unsurprisingly peanut buttery. It had some chocolate and peanut butter chips to give it a little more oomph than your average homogeneous cookie, but they were unfortunately very soft. I feel like this cookie might have been improved if I'd eaten it cold.

The Bottom Line

Taste:4 out of 5 stars
Texture:3 out of 5 stars
Price:2 out of 5 stars

0 comments: