Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Chocolate chunk cookie from Reykjavik


Last week, my boyfriend and I visited Iceland. It was a spectacular place filled with giant waterfalls, giant intercontinental rift zones, giant trolls, and yes, Giant Cookies! Over the next few days, I'll be sharing reviews of the cookies in the order I eat them (and soon, in case you're curious about the giant trolls, I'll probably also be posting pictures).

The first Giant Cookie is a relatively unassuming chocolate chunk cookie I found at a flea market.

Although I didn't have the opportunity to weigh it (being almost 3000 miles away from my postal scale), I estimated it to be at least as heavy as bagged cookies I bought on my journey, which were 90g each. So let's be generous and call it 100 grams. For 350 krona, it cost 2.59¢ a gram—about average in price.

But in taste, it was superlative. From the delicious caramelized flavor, to the generous amount of chocolate, to the slight external crunch and chewy interior, this cookie had everything a Cookie Connoisseur could want.

The Bottom Line

Taste:5 out of 5 stars
Texture:5 out of 5 stars
Price:3 out of 5 stars

0 comments: