Friday, February 21, 2014

Whitetail Resort Cookies

I don't think ski resort cafeterias are known for their delicious and affordable food, but when I found Giant Cookies at Whitetail Resort, I had to try anyway. I was not much impressed.


The chocolate chip cookie reminded me of cookies made from refrigerated Tollhouse dough (delicious to eat raw, absolutely average once baked). It was too airy and crunchy, especially around the edges. It had no distinctive flavor, but at least it wasn't stingy with the chocolate chips.

Would I pay $3.49 for one of these again? I think not.

The Bottom Line:
Taste: 3 stars
Texture: 2 stars
Price: 1 star (3¢ per gram)



The peanut butter cookie was softer, but still rather dry. Its flavor was, again, nothing to write home about. Its best feature was the presence of peanut butter chips, which are somewhat uncommon in peanut butter cookies. They added some textural variety and a burst of sweetness in each bite, but that still wasn't enough to make me want to buy them at 3¢ a gram.

The Bottom Line:
Taste: 3 stars
Texture: 3 stars
Price: 1 star

0 comments: