Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Prairie City Cookies

Prairie City cookies can be found at the Union Shop on the University of Maryland campus. Surprisingly, I'd been working here for 2 and a half years before I finally decided to give one a try.


Prairie City White Macadamia Nut cookie

The white chocolate macadamia nut cookie was my first choice. It was not exactly crispy, but still too crunchy for my taste (it mostly passed the crumble test, but snapped in the process). Its main issue was a kind of sour taste that I associate with cheap packaged cookies. And the kicker was it wasn't even cheap, costing around 1.75¢ per gram.
I also thought the white chocolate was too soft.

The Bottom Line:
Taste: 1 star
Texture: 2 stars
Price: 3 stars


Prairie City Candy cookie

Later on, to be fair, and also because I didn't pay attention to the price when I bought the first cookie, I tried a different variety—this time it was Mmmm...Candy, with pieces of candy that bore a striking similarity to M&Ms.

This cookie was much better than the first. It tasted sweet and buttery, and its texture was fairly chewy (good) but also somewhat crumbly (less good).

The Bottom Line
Taste: 4 stars
Texture: 3 stars
Price: 3 stars

0 comments: