Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cosi Chocolate Chunk Cookie

 
Ever since Cosi changed the recipe for their white chocolate chip cookies, to contain walnuts instead of macadamia nuts, I just haven't felt the same love for them. And now, only 2 years and a month after my very first Giant Cookie review, in which I contemplated reviewing one of Cosi's chocolate chunk cookies, I finally took the plunge.

The price is $1.99 for 100 g. At 1.9¢ a gram, the chocolate chunk cookies aren't any better value than the white chocolate cookies were when I first reviewed them.

The texture is chewy enough, but it lacks the gooey goodness that distinguishes a good cookie from a great one. It almost borders on tough.

The flavor is also bland and unexciting, though I will give them a little credit for using dark chocolate instead of everyday milk or semisweet.

The Bottom Line:
Taste: 3 stars
Texture: 3 stars
Price: 2 stars

0 comments: