Friday, October 5, 2012

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookie from Crumbs

Notice there appear to be Reese's Cups in this cookie,
which I also didn't taste.
There was one other cookie I picked up in New York City, and it came from Crumbs Bake Shop. Although there is now a location in DC, which is actually the location where I had my first encounter with Crumbs, this bakery is a Manhattan original.

Which is why I felt truly authentic while on my trip, purchasing a cookie...from their Brooklyn location.

Well, all right, now that we've established I have no respect for authenticity, let's move on to how much respect I have for the cookie. Today, I'll give it to you straight from the notes I jotted down between mouthfuls:

Texture: Very good though crumbly. I don't think I liked the creaminess of the chocolate dipped part. Little bits of peanuts (but not too many of them) were a kind of fun addition.

Taste: I couldn't detect the peanut butter, maybe because it was overpowered by the chocolate coating. The chocolate chunks inside the cookie were great, and blended well with the taste of the dough, but the chocolate coating for some reason had the consistency and flavor of cheap Easter chocolate, and was a tad too thick.


Weight: ~182 g. I forgot to weigh it until I was approximately 60% of the way through it, so this is an estimate. A conservative one.

Price: $3.25. Doing the math, I calculate this confection to cost 1.76¢ per gram, putting it right smack dab in the middle of the road.

The Bottom Line:
Taste: 3 stars
Texture: 4 stars
Price: 3 stars

0 comments: