Thursday, October 25, 2012

Monster Cookie from Target

Target, for all their low prices, always produces store brand food products that are even better than the brand name equivalent. Their sweetened condensed milk is always thicker than other brands (though always out of stock). Their mozzarella cheese sticks are chewier and tastier. And now I've found that their giant cookies to be superior as well.

I was about to pass them right by. My boyfriend and I were shopping there and we were on the way out when we passed the snack stand. I saw the giant cookies, but, feeling lazy and kinda full from breakfast, I wasn't inclined to buy one. My boyfriend persuaded me to give them a try, and I'm glad I did!

There were several choices—chocolate chip, plain sugar, but I went right for the mother lode. It was covered in chocolate chunks and candy bits. I noticed a couple of peanuts. It looked like it might have coconut inside (though I later determined that to be oats). "I'll have that one, with all the stuff on it," I told the cashier. "I'm not sure what it's called, but I'll take it!" "It's a Monster Cookie," said the cashier.



Well, it was (to be totally cheesy) monstrously good. When I got it, it was still warm from the oven. It was so soft, it would have folded in half if I hadn't cared for it as if it were my own child. I ate it long after it had cooled off, but it retained its ridiculously soft texture. It was almost like eating straight-up cookie dough!

Not only was it soft, sweet, chocolatey, and full of interesting textures, the flavor had an unexpected hint of peanut butter, which just about sent me over the moon! I can't think of a single complaint about this cookie.

Even the price, at $1.29 for 127 grams, was a steal. And so, as usual, Target wins the day in the price department as well as the taste department.

The Bottom Line
Taste: 5 stars
Texture: 5 stars
Price: 5 stars

I hereby declare this cookie the first to win 5 stars in all departments!

I once told a friend that if I ever ate an all-5-star cookie, I'd probably die because my life would be complete. So if you don't see any more blog posts from me in a while, you'll know why!