Saturday, March 24, 2012

Marvelous Market Raspberry White cookie

While I was in Denver, since I couldn't eat enough to take advantage of my food stipend, I spent it mostly on cookies, which I squirreled away for later consumption. So you can expect a goodly number of Giant Cookie Reviews in the near future. But this first review actually comes from the time before I went to Denver.


Whilst knocking about town a fine spring afternoon, my boyfriend and I happened upon a quaint little shop calling itself Marvelous Market. I do believe this is a chain store, but it was cute enough to imagine that this was its sole location.

Big brownies and Giant Cookies lined its shelves beckoningly, and I knew I had to buy one. After all, I have a blog to keep.

I picked the most exotic flavor I could find, Raspberry White, (which I assumed correctly meant white chocolate) and gobbled it the very next day.

It tasted of raspberry, and white chocolate. It had macadamia nuts in it, which are quite my favorite nut to eat in a cookie. It also had that home-baked flavor, which, surprisingly enough, is actually a defect in a giant cookie. The cookies that I bake at home are never very good, and this cookie had that same sort of flavor.

It wasn't bad, but it just didn't have the "Wow, that was so good, I want to buy one every time I pass a Marvelous Market" taste that I was hoping for.

Soft and chewy, yes, soft and chewy and addictive, no.

As for the cost, my 115g cookie cost me $2.25, or almost 2 cents a gram. A decent price for a giant cookie, but not what I'd call a decent price for a "just OK" cookie of any sort.


Bottom Line:
Taste: 3 stars
Texture: 4 stars
Price: 3 stars

0 comments: