Monday, January 4, 2016

La Madeleine chocolate chunk cookie


Although I brought this cookie on vacation with me, I actually purchased it a few days before vacation, while breakfasting at La Madeleine. I wasn't sure if I even really wanted a Giant Cookie, but I was drawn to its lopsided shape (the others for sale were not so deformed; this little guy was a special anomaly), so I bought it and packed it in case of a dessert shortage while traveling.

I ate it the day after I returned home, and concluded it would have been much better as emergency rations.

It felt kind of dry and cakey, and possessed little flavor.

The soft center was good, and there were plenty of chocolate chunks, but they were a bit too soft. There wasn't enough variation between them and the rest of the cookie to appease my palate.

For this mediocre-in-every-way cookie, I paid 1.99$, or 1.76¢ per gram—an average price for an average cookie.

The Bottom Line

Taste: 2 out of 5 stars
Texture: 2 out of 5 stars
Price: 3 out of 5 stars

0 comments: