Sunday, January 3, 2016

Down Thyme Café Monster cookie

I got a little carried away and started eating the cookie
before I started photographing it.
Vacation time is typically, for me, also Giant Cookie time. I'm always on the lookout for new Giant Cookies I haven't tried yet, and where better to do that than far away from home? But also, vacation is a time when I never know what or when I will be eating, and Giant Cookies are the perfect (nonperishable, usually durable, and delicious) treat to keep in reserve for a moment of need. Of course, vacation time is also a time when I get fed a lot of desserts, so the moment of need rarely arises.

My last trip to Ohio for Christmas yielded 3 Giant Cookies, the first of which I shall now review: the monster cookie from Down Thyme Café in Fremont. At Down Thyme Café, my boyfriend outdid himself, buying 3 desserts for the whole table, so the Giant Cookie that I espied and hoarded for myself went uneaten until the night we returned to Maryland.

The inside was exceptionally hollow, consisting of basically air, chocolate chips, and M&Ms, making for a quite candy-heavy cookie. Which I don't object to in the least. Between the multitudinous M&M's were plenty of oats and still-doughy dough, which I'm pretty sure had a peanut butter flavor.

In short, this cookie contained all my favorite ingredients in great abundance, making me quite a happy cookie reviewer!

I give the cookie five stars all around, except, of course, in price, which, at 2.08¢ a gram, was just a bit above average.

The Bottom Line

Taste: 5 out of 5 stars
Texture: 5 out of 5 stars
Price: 2 out of 5 stars


0 comments: