Sunday, January 6, 2013

Uncle Chip's Peanut Butter Cookie



Uncle Chip apparently makes very good cookies. Apparently, they are so good that, even though he makes multiple flavors, he doesn't need to label them because every one is going to be so good! And according to his website, what makes it so good is the secret ingredient that he uses instead of egg. He wouldn't tell me what that secret ingredient is, but no egg means vegan cookie, which is always cool in my book! (By my brilliant powers of investigation, into the ingredient list that he is by law required to disclose, I deduce that the secret ingredient is flaxseed meal.

After having tasted the cookie, I had to agree it was yummy. It had a distinct peanut butter flavor, and had whole peanuts in and on it. It was crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, which I'm beginning to think is my favorite cookie texture, although the crunchy outweighed the chewy a little more than I prefer. All in all, Uncle Chip's cookie was a win, except in the price department.

One cookie cost me 2$ (although from the hostility I sensed coming from the person who sold it to me, I wouldn't be surprised if that was an arbitrarily high price she selected because she didn't like me or my choice of food), and that 2$ only bought me 75 grams of cookie. So my Uncle Chip's cookie ended up costing $2.66 per gram.

The Bottom Line:
Taste: 4 stars
Texture: 4 stars
Price: 1 star

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

OK I didn't have any idea that you were posting about soup on your latest entry but I saw this recipe that looks SOO tasty and I was like.. ok I gotta share this with Valerie.
Of course, it has onions in it but don't throw it out so fast!
It look soo awesome to me.. I don't know if i'll ever have the self-discipline to actually make it but I thought it looked so tasty I needed to share it with someone else..
So here's the link:
http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/01/carrot-soup-with-tahini-and-crisped-chickpeas/#more-9519 (I don't know if it will come through but I'll send it to you another way if not!) I enjoy this website if for nothing else, pretty pictures of tasty-looking food!
miss you,
Julie

PS the security stuff on this is impossible! I had to try several times before I could even guess what characters were present in the 2 "words" that I had to type to "prove" i'm "not a robot."

Julie said...

and they deleted my comment the first time I actually got it to post!