Monday, December 31, 2012

M&M Cookie from Bob Evans


At Bob Evans bakery last year, if you'll recall, was where I finally clued in to the fact that the recipe for 7-layer bars isn't a closely guarded secret known only to elite chefs.

This year (I only go to that particular Bob Evans once a year when I'm in Ohio for Christmas), Bob Evans did not have any 7-layer bars to tempt me, but they did have a chocolate candy cookie marked down to half off. I bought it for cookie-reviewing purposes.

I like to call this kind of cookie an M&M cookie, even though I assume the candy-coated chocolate pieces are the generic kind. They taste just as good. I love any cookie with M&M doppelgangers in it. This cookie did not disappoint.

Nor, however, did it amaze.

I was obliged to eat the cookie in a state of pleasant enjoyment and not the euphoria that I crave when eating Giant Cookies.

It had a softish texture and a bit of crisp. It was thin, when I usually prefer thick.

The flavor was quite good. Unfortunately, nothing about it stood out to me as particularly impressive. For all my indifference, I still must rate this cookie highly, because there was nothing bad about it either!

Even the price was middle of the road, equaling $1.31 per gram (if I had gotten it at full price. The 50¢ I paid was a steal!)

The Bottom Line:
Taste: 4 stars
Texture: 4 stars
Price: 3 stars

0 comments: