Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie from Cherry Hill Diner


Last weekend, my mom and stepdad were kind enough to come to Maryland all the way from Ohio, to bring me a chocolate chip cookie from the Cherry Hill Diner in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Well, they also came to celebrate Thanksgiving, but mainly it was to bring me a cookie.

This cookie was a gorgeous lump of golden goodness studded with mini chocolate chips. I had to hide it in my room to keep my boyfriend from eating it, which is what he does to most food items in his line of sight.

Upon giving it a good solid thump with my forefinger, I expected it to be a dense, crunchy consistency. But it fooled me, because. while it was a bit crunchy, it was a bit flakey too, rather like shortbread with a little more sugar than usual.

It tasted like a chocolate chip cookie, but not like any old chocolate chip cookie, because the shortbread-like consistency carried over to the flavor as well. Interesting! But not interesting enough for me to drive all the way to New Jersey to try it again!

The Bottom Line:
Taste: 3.5 stars
Texture: 3 stars

0 comments: