Saturday, January 16, 2010

SSDD

I know, I know, it's been a while since I wrote last, but my heart just hasn't been in it since I lost my trusty little sidekick. Also, I'm just plain lazy.

Since I last wrote, I have acquired new wheels. Here's a picture. This is my new Subaru Forester.

Mom just sent me the title this week, which means it's really mine! It also means I am going to have to register it in Maryland soon, a prospect which does not excite me.

As a self-proclaimed tree-hugger, I wasn't too thrilled about driving around an SUV, but you take what you can get. And what I got was pretty spiffy. Sunroof, heated seats, and best of all, storage space, storage space everywhere! If you're at all familiar with my tendency toward compulsive tidiness, you will know that this particular aspect of the new vehicle pleases me to no end. In fact, I was getting all ready to relinquish my bad attitude and fall in love with the car, until I went out this afternoon to put some stuff inside it, and the doors wouldn't unlock. (Electric locks--pshaw--I could definitely live without that little luxury.)

Well, I went around to the driver door--the only one with a keyhole, unlocked it manually, and tried, with some trepidation, the unlock button on the inside. Nothing happened. With a little more trepidation, I put the key in the ignition and turned it. Nothing. Not a grumble, not a click. It seems the battery is completely dead, and I have no idea how it happened.

Two weeks of ownership, and my new car is already incapacitated. It's like having a Neon all over again. Now comes the embarrassing moment when I have to ask strange neighbors if they will give me a jump start. And with me not even knowing how to open the hood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sebastian Gaydos said...

Hm… The car dealer where your mom got your car may have given her a lemon on that one. You see, I own a Subaru Forester. It has all the features that I look for in a car. Before I bought it, my brother told me to buy it from a certified and licensed Subaru dealership. If I were you, I would have demanded a replacement from the dealership soon after the incident.

Sebastian Gaydos