Thursday, April 9, 2015

Cosi white chocolate walnut cookies


If you remember all the way back to my first Giant Cookie Review, Cosi's white chocolate macadamia nut cookies were my ultimate favorite—pretty much the reason I started Giant Cookie Reviewing in the first place!

I kind of lost interest in them after a few years, though, when they replaced my beloved macadamia nuts with walnuts. I do enjoy walnuts in cookies, but they just can't compare to the crisp, splintering crunch of a macadamia nut.

However, a Giant Cookie Reviewer must not leave any cookie unreviewed, regardless of her feelings about walnuts, so I decided to take one for the team and give the white chocolate walnut cookies another try.

They were a little dryer than I remember, but basically the same soft-all-the-way-through texture.

The flavor didn't grab me, though, like it used to. Walnut just goes better with dark chocolate.

Usually when I re-review cookies years later, price is the area that's deteriorated the most. These cookies were $1.99 each and 105 grams, so I'm pleased to say that if anything, their value has improved since my last Cosi cookie review, because there was slightly more mass to the cookie, but the price hadn't changed. However, at 1.89¢ a gram, they are still within the 2-star range.

The Bottom Line

Taste: 3 out of 5 stars
Texture: 3 out of 5 stars
Price: 2 out of 5 stars

0 comments: