Saturday, January 23, 2010

From Zoot to...

It has been 3 weeks since the arrival of my silver Subaru. It is absolutely imperative that this vehicle receive a name, because otherwise, every time I talk to it, I will call it Zoot. Hauntings and/or identity crises will surely ensue.

So, for the past three weeks, I've been pondering the appropriate moniker for my new car. The process has been going slowly, because I typically only use the car once a week--incidentally, that is also the reason that the battery died, after I left an interior light on for days in a row.

Sometimes, I look at it out my bedroom window, asking it questions like, "Boris?" (No, that was already a fish.) "Wanda?" (No, I don't really want to.)

But in all these ruminations, one name keeps popping back into my head. Axolotl.

Clearly, this is the name for my new car. It makes perfect sense. Since Axolotls look like this:

(Copyright info for this image is on Wikimedia Commons)

And my car looks like this:




See the similarity? I don't.

But you gotta do what you gotta do. Axolotl it is.

Here's to many more months of happy driving and no more dead batteries.

*Edit February 20: I renamed the car again. See the new post about its new name.*

0 comments: