Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Oohhs & Aahhs Macaroni

I don't think I even took a photo of the macaroni I got from Oohhs and Aahhs, which is too bad, because it was one of the best macaronis I've reviewed to date.

Like all the best food establishments, Oohhs and Aahhs was a cramped little hole in the wall where you ordered your food at a counter. They had a dining area upstairs, but we got our food to go, and I don't even know if they had reusable plates or cutlery.

After an initial snafu in which we carried someone else's fish curry all the way home before realizing we'd gotten the wrong order, we succeeded in getting our food.

I was a little disappointed at the size of my macaroni and cheese, but it ended up being enough to spread out over two meals--it's just that carry-out containers are so compact.

It's also probably worth mentioning that the green beans were much too soft for my liking, but I gather that's how "soul food" green beans go. It's probably also worth mentioning that my browser crashed while I was browsing their website. Coincidence? Maybe, but the website wasn't very user-friendly.

I rate this macaroni (and the restaurant it came from): 2 happy noodles for delicious, one sad noodle for the technical difficulties.

1 happy noodle1 happy noodle  1sad noodle

0 comments: